Sanatana Dharma > Achara, Ashramas, Brahman, Brahmarishi, Dharma, GodHead, Gunas, Illusory Self, Moksha, Neo-Hinduism, Paramatman, Purushaarthas, Rishis, Samadhi, Sanskrit Literature, Saptarishis, Satya Yuga, Srutis, The Imperishable, Varnas, Vichara
Samadhi -> a superconscious state 
The first chapter of Pantajalis Yoga Sutras is samadhipada. Translated, means "Foundations of Union/Conclusion/Completion."
Swami Brahamananda suggests there are three levels of Samadhi
- Savikalpa Samadhi - superconscious vision with thought
- Nirvikalpa Samadi superconscious vision without thought.
- Finally "the realization of that which is beyond thought and speech. In this state there is nothing to be seen; nothing to be heard. Everything is lost in the Infinite."
- Brahmananda, Swami. Spiritual Teachings of Swami Brahmananda. 2nd ed. Mylapor, Madras: Sri Ramakrishna Math, 1933. p. 5.
- Vanamali. The Science of the Rishis: The Spiritual and Material Discoveries of the Ancient Sages of India. Toronto: Inner Traditions, 2015.
- Akhilananda, Swami. Hindu Psychology: Its Meaning in the West. Routledge, 1948.
- Brahmananda, Swami. Spiritual Teachings of Swami Brahmananda. 2nd ed. Mylapor, Madras: Sri Ramakrishna Math, 1933. p. 12-13.