Big Questions are the ultimate, existential questions of our being and our cosmology. Big Questions are existential or spiritual questions of existence, purpose, place, and so on
The Big Four big questions are:
- Who Am I?
- Where did I come from?
- What is my purpose
- Why am I here. What is, according to William James, "life's chief concern?" 
- Why do bad things happen in the world?
To these big four big questions we might add any number of smaller big questions including, for example
- What is the nature of God//[[Consciousness]?
- What is the nature of the cosmos/creation.
- What was the path we took to get here.
- Why do bad things happen in the world
Under conditions of "normal consciousness", big questions are often answered by institutions set up specifically to provide them (e.g. Religion.) That is, when the individual physical unit is not Connected to the Fabric of Consciousness, organizations may arise that provide choreographed answers to these critical questions of identity and origin.
Under ideal circumstances, individuals will find a supportive social fabric that provides Right Thought, Right Action, and Right Environment with a view towards encouraging inner exploration, authentic Connection, and personal discovery of core spiritual truths, and our shared spiritual heritage.
- Lightning Path Workbook Four -Archetypal Study and Flow Control Using the Triumph of Spirit Archetype System. Vol. 4. Lightning Path Workbook Series. St. Albert, Alberta: Lightning Path Press, 2020.
- The latter is William James phraseology. See William James, 1923, The Varieties of Religious Experience. New York: Penguin