"The canonical texts of the Baháʼí Faith are the writings of the Báb, Baháʼu'lláh, ʻAbdu'l-Bahá, Shoghi Effendi and the Universal House of Justice, and the authenticated talks of ʻAbdu'l-Bahá. The writings of the Báb and Baháʼu'lláh are considered as divine revelation, the writings and talks of ʻAbdu'l-Bahá and the writings of Shoghi Effendi as authoritative interpretation, and those of the Universal House of Justice as authoritative legislation and elucidation. Some measure of divine guidance is assumed for all of these texts"
The Bab was a merchant in Iran in 1844 who claimed to be a messenger of God at the age of 25. The Bab is a predecessor or forerunner who paved the way for a future messianic figure. Baháʼu'lláh claimed, in 1863, to be this figure.
"Baháʼu'lláh's notable writings include The Hidden Words (Kurdistan: 1858), the Book of Certitude (Baghdad: 1862) and the Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Akka: 1873), which all vary in themes. His teachings revolve around the unity of God, of religion, and of mankind. God is seen to have sent a series of divine messengers that are unified in purpose, and draw humanity toward greater spiritual, moral, and intellectual truths. Baháʼu'lláh's claim to be the most recent in this series is the basis for the faith's widespread recognition as the only independent world religion to emerge in the modern age, not being a sect of any other faith"
The principle writings of Writings of Bahá’u’lláh translated into English https://www.bahai.org/library/authoritative-texts/bahaullah/
Exists. The Bahá'í Faith, whose founder repeatedly refers to God as a male patriarch. (Abdu’l‑Bahá 1912).
Good Versus Evil
"Glorified is He before Whom all the dwellers of earth and heaven bow down in adoration and unto Whom all men turn in supplication."
Heaven, Hell, Judgment, Justice, Punishment, and Reward
Officially, the Bahai deny this suggesting that hell is a state of disconnection. However in the writings of the Bab there are numerous references to hellfire, justice, judgment, and damnation. For example,
For example, this thread. "O King of Islám! Aid thou,... for God hath, in very truth, destined for thee, and for such as circle round thee, on the Day of Judgment, a responsible position in His Path. I swear by God, O Sháh! If thou showest enmity unto Him Who is His Remembrance, God will, on the Day of Resurrection, condemn thee, before the kings, unto hellfire"
"The Day is approaching when God will render the hosts of Truth victorious, and He will purge the whole earth in such wise that within the compass of His knowledge not a single soul shall remain unless he truly believeth in God, worshippeth none other God but Him, boweth down by day and by night in His adoration, and is reckoned among such as are well assured"
The Fool's Journey
Exists: "When death occurs in this world, the soul is separated from the body, and continues to progress in an eternal journey towards perfection."
The soul's goal is to become
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%CA%BCu%27ll%C3%A1h Retrieved Sept 25, 2021.
- Abdu’l‑Bahá. The Promulgation of Universal Peace. The Bahá’í Faith, 1912. https://www.bahai.org/library/authoritative-texts/abdul-baha/promulgation-universal-peace/1#820079356.
- Abdu’l-Bahá. “Selections from the Writings of the Báb.” Bahá’í World Centre, n.d. https://www.bahai.org/library/authoritative-texts/the-bab/selections-writings-bab/. See section Tablets and Addresses.
- Abdu’l-Bahá. “Selections from the Writings of the Báb.” Bahá’í World Centre, n.d. https://www.bahai.org/library/authoritative-texts/the-bab/selections-writings-bab/. See section Excerpts from the Qayyúmu’l-Asmá’.
- Abdu’l-Bahá. “Selections from the Writings of the Báb.” Bahá’í World Centre, n.d. https://www.bahai.org/library/authoritative-texts/the-bab/selections-writings-bab/. See section Excerpts from Various Writings.